Aluminium fencing is the perfect way to give your house or business a crisp, modern touch. It is incredibly versatile and can be made to suit almost any purpose or design scheme, while the legendary durability of aluminium means it will last forever without requiring much maintenance. So, let’s learn everything about this incredible product.
What is Aluminium?
Aluminium is the third most abundant element and the most abundant metal in the earths crust. The only two elements that are most commonly found are oxygen and silicon. The largest producers of aluminium are China, Russia, the United States and Canada. However, more than 40 other countries also produce aluminium, including Iceland, Switzerland and New Zealand. Other areas of the world with access to cheap electricity are also expanding their production capacities.
Aluminium’s wide availability and versatility has made it one of the most important metals in the transport, construction, packaging and electrical sectors. It is used for everything from the engine blocks and body panels of cars, planes and trains to household products such as wrapping foil for food and pharmaceutical products. Alongside all of this, aluminium is also useful as a fencing material.
Aluminium has a number of remarkable characteristics. It has an extremely low density and the ability to resist corrosion. It is also lightweight, and extremely durable. It is these characteristics that make it perfect for use in the manufacture of structural components for the aerospace industry. And, if it’s tough enough for outer space, then it’s definitely tough enough for your home or commercial property.
Benefits of Aluminium Fencing
- Aluminium is one of the most corrosion-resistant metals we have at our disposal, this means that aluminium slat fencing is safe from cracking, rusting, peeling and bubbling. Meaning a one of investment will last you a lifetime.
- Its corrosion-resistant properties make it perfect for the temperamental Melbourne weather. It can stand up under extreme heat and extreme cold.
- If you live around the bay, or along the coast, aluminium fencing is the perfect choice for your house, as it is unaffected by salt and sea spray.
- It is malleable, so it can be shaped to whatever purpose you need. It can run straight along the front of a house, curve around a pool or encircle and unsightly water tank. The possibilities are endless.
- It can be welded, rather than screwed or bolted, which adds to its strength.
- It is lightweight, which makes it easy to transport and assemble. This will save you on labour and transport costs.
- It is easy to maintain and requires no more than a little water to clean away any dust and dirt.
- It won’t fall prey to termites and other insects.
- It comes in a variety of coatings, so it can compliment any design scheme.
- A unique, specially designed coating can be added to aluminium fencing during manufacturing to ensure even higher quality standards and longer lasting durability.
- It is less expensive than steel, so with the rising cost of steel it has become a popular alternative.
- If you ever decide to replace your aluminium slat fencing you can be safe in the knowledge that your carbon footprint will remain low; aluminium is 100% recyclable.
If you’re looking for a stylish, durable and cost effective fencing option, slat fencing is perfect for all your needs. If your considering aluminium stat fencing for your home or business and would like some more information, feel free to Contact Everlast Services – we’re happy to help.