Shade sails are a fantastic addition to any outdoor space – they allow you to enjoy the glorious sunshine without worrying about its dangerous UV rays or the unpredictable and uncomfortable heat. They add value to your home with the added benefit of giving you control over your entertainment space so you can get maximum enjoyment out of it.
At Everlast Services, you can even choose waterproof options to combat the unpredictable Melbourne weather, or, if you’re after some privacy from prying neighbours, you can even get a privacy screen.
When buying shade sails, there are so many options to choose from in terms of style and functionality, it can also be difficult to narrow down your options and make the best choice for your backyard. To help keep you from being overwhelmed, there are a few things you should take into consideration:
- Location: When planning, make sure to figure out exactly where you want your shade sails to go and how large you want them to be. You should also take into consideration the position of the sun and whether your sails will protect you at the times of the day that you most want to enjoy your backyard. Make sure that there are also suitable anchoring points in that location, otherwise you might have to install some.
- Style: Obviously, you want your shade sail to complement your home. Luckily, they come in a variety of different styles, colours and fabrics, so no matter what your home’s aesthetic is, there will be an option to suit it. However, when choosing your style, you should also consider practical applications, like whether you want them to be waterproof or whether you want them to be completely opaque.
Shade sails are generally quite easy to install yourself, as long as you’ve taken into consideration the above pointers during the planning and preparation stages. The main thing is that you have suitable anchorage points. From there, you just have to lay out the shade sail flat on the ground and then use the hooks and shackles securely fasten them to the anchorage point.
However, if the thought of installing shade sails makes you cringe, you can just sit back and relax while the Everlast Services team install them for you.
The cost of your shade sails will depend on a variety of factors:
- The size of your shade sails
- The type of shade sails you choose; waterproof PVC shade sails will generally set you back a bit extra
- How many shade sails you want, such as if you have two different areas you would like protected by shade sails
At Everlast Services, we pride ourselves on providing top quality materials and service for an affordable price. Our shade sails are an investment that are made to last even our harsh Australian climate and even come with a warranty for guaranteed quality.
Maintenance and Aftercare
Although our shade sails can withstand even the harshest weather conditions, giving them the proper maintenance and aftercare can ensure that they continue to look as good as new over time and help them to last even longer.
Cleaning is very easy. All you need to do is lay your shade sails flat on a smooth, clean surface, apply a mild detergent with a soft bristled mop or brush, and then hose it down. If it requires a more comprehensive clean, use a high pressure water cleaner from a safe distance. Just make sure you clean your shade sails on a sunny day to allow them to completely dry so mildew or mould doesn’t develop.
Do you have any questions? Unsure what will best suit your home? Or do you know exactly what you want but don’t know how to install them? Feel free to contact us today and we will be more than happy to answer all your questions. We can even provide you with a free measure and quote with no strings attached.